We at massage ME & bodyworks have always taken great satisfaction in knowing that we provide to our customers’ excellence in the leading edge of massage therapy treatments. We take your health and well being into consideration in every session.
Now during these uncertain times regarding COVID19, massage ME & bodyworks will be increasing and becoming even more tenacious with our sanitation practices, which will ensure our clients’ overall health and well being is looked after, during this outbreak of this pandemic.
That is why we appreciate you being patient with us during our reopening phase. With new guidelines, protocols, and procedures put in place, this will be what our new normal will look like for us, and for you.
Since all of these new guidelines, protocols, and procedures need to be put in place, there are some changes and equipment that needs to be done to protect your health & well being as well as mine. To that end, we, unfortunately, need to place a temporary price increase upon each client of $20 to cover the additional costs of these safety and health procedures during these unprecedented times.
I can certainly tell you this – In preparation for reopening I have participated in many conference calls, and Zoom meetings; I have partnered myself up with a lot of state committees, and I have met a lot of massage therapists across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and they do not even come close to the level of sanitation that I am doing. I have to say I am in complete shock on what level they have done before all of this and to what bare minimal level they are considering. I can certainly say those businesses are all about numbers, not clients. I am so honored that you have chosen me and trust me to not only provide you with a great massage but care about your overall health.
To ensure your health is protected, we have made adjustments to the studio:
- A UV-C (ultraviolet light) Lamp that has an output wavelength of 254 nm (nanometers) has been purchased to help mitigate the risk from microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, mold, germs, and other pathogens. This will be used in our final step in disinfecting and sterilization of the massage room, which ensures the room, is totally cleaned down to destroying all microorganisms down to their DNA level.
- We also have installed air purifiers to circulate air during your service. So you can relax & breathe easier; knowing this air purifier is using a Certified True HEPA filter that effectively captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through the filter. So you can safely say it removes allergens, dust, bacteria, viruses & other particles from the air.
- With our HVAC unit, we have inserted top-rated High-Efficiency Filters that will attract and capture microscopic particles such as smoke, cough and sneeze debris, bacteria and viruses as well as large particles, including lint, dust, and pollen. Even though it is recommended to change these filters every six (6) months our commitment to you is changing it every three (3) months.
- According to the Journal of Hospital Infections, the strain of COVID19, like similar viruses such as SARS and MERS can survive for anywhere from two (2) hours to nine (9) days on surfaces. Until more information is available about this, we have purged the rugs in the massages room and replaced it with hardwood flooring. That is easily sanitized between each client.
- We are implementing more stringent cleaning and sterilization throughout the workday across the entire studio
- We will be wearing fresh new scrubs with each client we serve. That will go through infection prevention processes that exceed the industry standards by our laundry service.
- For added safety, not only will front desk staff will be wearing a mask but acrylic resin plexiglass has been placed to protect the health of our customers and employees from that surprise sneeze and cough that might occur. This durable barrier provides a safe wall blocking against respiratory droplets and aerosols without blocking our ability to see or speak with you. So as you can see we are not just providing a massage to you we are committed to protecting your health while we are giving you an awesome massage!!! Now can you say that about any of those other places?
We value you all, and are so excited to start seeing you very soon. Thank you so much for your business, and trust in us.
Debora A. Fubel, Owner/LMT
massage ME & bodyworks, Inc.